It seems particularly typical of my current state of being that I am only writing my resolutions for the coming year on the 6th April.
Particularly so as 2015 is an auspicious year. I turned 49 on New Year’s Eve last year, so this year marks the start of a new 7 year plan, and the lead into my 50s – the decade when I hope to see a fundamental shift from work to life. I will write more about my aims with regard to this later.
In the meantime:
- Give up smoking
As I write this I last smoked on September 24th last year, so I’m almost 6 months into this resolution. This time I hope it will last.
- Achieve and maintain my target weight of 185 lbs.
Starting point is a shocking 213lbs, so I have exactly two stone to lose. Target date is October 24th, when I run Snowdonia marathon.
As for the rest I’ll simply repeat the ones I made in 2013
- I will not shout at my children. No exceptions.
- I will have more fun.
- I will set and achieve one business objective each day.
- I will somehow work 35 hours a week, 42 weeks of the year. On average.
- I will go to church at least once a month.
I have been very lapse with this – but I went yesterday and will stick to this one. Religiously.
- I will run every week.
- I will spend 15 minutes each day learning Spanish.
- I will do the Royal Canadian 5BX programme, every day. Starting today.
- I will start one side-project and work on it for two hours a week. I hope to earn more than £1 per hour.